Christian Espinosa is a bestselling author, certified high-performance coach, powerful keynote speaker, and the founder and CEO of Blue Goat Cyber, an organization designed to combat cybercrime through technical prowess and emotional intelligence.
Throughout his career, Christian has always strived to be the smartest person in the room – to leverage his skills, knowledge, and experience to benefit others. That is until he realized that leadership, fighting cybercrime, and the ability to find simple solutions to any challenge are truly his greatest contributions to humanity.
Shifting his focus, Christian authored the bestselling book, aptly named “The Smartest Person in the Room,” to help other leaders raise the emotional intelligence of their high IQ staff members, thereby increasing team and organizational agility.
He also shares his decades of insight, actionable takeaways, and transformational strategies with audiences at Cybersecurity Events, Technology Conferences, Personal Development Seminars, and Private Mastermind Workshops. Espinosa speaks on various topics, including the cyberwar, lessons learned from extreme sports, how leading yourself helps lead others, and cybersecurity entrepreneurship.
Furthermore, Espinosa built Blue Goat Cyber to empathetically understand pain points within a company, build genuine relationships with leaders, and implement holistic methods of protecting vulnerable systems and processes.
Christian is a US Air Force veteran with a BS in Engineering from the US Air Force Academy and MBA from Webster University. He holds multiple patents related to cybersecurity attack and defense.
When Christian isn’t protecting the world from cybercriminals, he climbs mountains, travels the world, teaches outdoor wilderness survival, and competes in Ironman triathlons. He resides in Phoenix, Arizona although he spends the majority of his time off searching for the next adventure.
Christian holds over 25 certifications, including:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Systems Security Officer (CISSO)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certified High-Performance Coach (CHPC)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Certified in Risk & Information Systems Control (CRISC)
Recent Notable Projects:
- Penetration testing and assessments of commercial aircraft
- Medical device penetration testing
- Numerous incident response projects
- Systems and Methods for a Simulated Network Environment and Operation Thereof
- Systems and Methods for Automated Building of a Simulated Network Environment
- Systems and Methods for a Simulated Network Traffic Generator
- Systems and Methods for Network Monitoring and Analysis of a Simulated Network
- Systems and Methods for Reconstitution of Network Elements in a Simulated Network
- Systems and Methods for a Simulated Network Attack Generator